Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Happy 2010!!! Can you believe it? Wooooo, time sure does fly by quickly. I have been working on a few projects over the break. Here are a few ATC cards I did for a black and white ATC swap at Scrapbook News and Review. I did an ATC for Rita's Challenge at the New Year's Crop at Citrus Tree Studio,



and I liked it so I tweaked it a bit (added some beads and more bling) and went with it for the swap -



Here is the back, I used some gesso on the transparency, used perfect pearl silver, added some written details, and two more metal duct tape butterflies with rhinestones -



Here are a few more layouts I did for various challenges at the crop -

an old school layout (Cindy's Challenge, use two shapes only, I used rectangle and wavy lines)



a white space layout (page two, it goes with the layout above, night and day of my granddaughter, don't you think?)



A non straight edge challenge (layers)-



and a challenge to use Christmas paper in a non Christmasy way (I used some red and cream Christmas paper from a previous Citrus Tree Studio kit I have been saving, plus some PP from a newer Citrus Tree Kit, Cindy has AWESOME kits!) -



Here are my new projects for Zutter this month too -

A valentine's coupon book -


I will write up the coupons on some shipping tags that are in the pockets of this book. I used lots of things from my stash, library pockets glued together for the pages, and shipping tags for the coupons which will be pages later. I plan on using this little book for a mini album about my hubs when he is finished with the coupons.





Another little Valentine project- a candy holder (it will hang on a doorknob)-



Of course since it is winter I thought I would make some little window hangings -





I also made a few little books to donate to the Pediatric floor at work. I have quite a few of these in various stages of being put together (my son very kindly cut the inside pages for me to help speed up this process). I am making these books out of things in my stash, and some paper the Peds floor received as a donation. The books are pretty simple, the children (ages vary) can add their own journaling or pictures, and embellish them more with little kits I am making up for them. Here are the first three that are ready to take to work -






Check out the fabulous video our department did about volunteering at Memorial Hospital of South Bend, it is great!!!

Volunteer Rap

I would also like to say a great big ole thank you to Sandi from Bearly Sane who is so dang sweet. I received the package, and it was totally unexpected and wonderful. Thank you Sandi, you are AWESOME!!! Make sure you check out her blog, she is an extremly talented bear maker.

I need to get back to working on these books for the Peds floor, so I have to close for now. Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh WOW, Pam! Your projects are wonderful! The layouts of Kaya crack me up! :-D She's a cute patootie!

Margie Higuchi said...

BOY! You've been busy :)
LOVE the LOs of Kaya...what a cutie (pout & all!)!! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

Great blog, Pam - so much eye candy!!

Bearly Sane said...

Oh I can so relate to Kaya...she looks just like me in the morning! LOL!!
You sure have been a busy bee Pam, I do so love stopping by to see what you have created.
I am glad your parcel arrived okay, I hope you can use them in some of your projects.
Warmest hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

Debbi Tehrani said...

Your projects are wonderful!

Tami Bayer said...

Oh my heaven and stars those are gorgeous ATC's. Love the way you designed the backs of them, too. Can't wait to see them. Happy New Year!

cabbie lopez said...

wow so many beautiful works!!!

How did I come up with Pam's Eclectic Stuff?

Pam- that is me. :)

eclectic --adj.- selecting what seems best of various styles or ideas
*Since I like a huge variety of arts and mediums, this seemed perfect, we will talk about the best of various styles or ideas.

stuff- The noun stuff has 7 senses -
1. material, stuff -- (the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object; "wheat is the stuff they use to make bread")2. whatchamacallit, stuff, whatsis, sundry, sundries -- (miscellaneous unspecified artifacts; "the trunk was full of stuff")3. stuff, clobber -- (informal terms for personal possessions; "did you take all your clobber?")4. stuff, stuff and nonsense, hooey, poppycock -- (senseless talk; "don't give me that stuff")5. stuff -- (unspecified qualities required to do or be something; "the stuff of heros"; "you don't have the stuff to be a United States Marine")6. stuff -- (information in some unspecified form; "it was stuff I had heard before"; "there's good stuff in that book")7. stuff -- (a critically important or characteristic component; "suspense is the very stuff of narrative")

*What more needs to be said? I really thought about using Pam's Eclectic Sundries, but I thought that might be tough to remember. :) Stuff is easy and conveys a variety of meanings. I like the definition- miscellaneous unspecified artifacts. I also liked whatchamacallit, but that is a lot of typing. :)

So there you have it!