Sunday, November 21, 2010

Are you freaking out because it is almost the end of November?

Well, you aren't alone!  :)  I was feeling a semi panic attack coming on when I finally decided that whatever I get done this year is great, and whatever I do NOT get done, oh well.  I guess that is one of the perks of aging, things begin to freak you out just a wee bit less.  I am sure other worries will take over, but in the interim, I am going to ENJOY the holidays and blast Christmas songs on Sirrus every day.  My crafty area is semi somewhat organized, and I have a few Christmas trees up and decorated, and I even have a few other things done.  I will still be working on projects like a wild woman the rest of the year, as well as working and teaching in Chicago, but I am not going to freak out about how much I get done or don't get done, totally not like me at all. I am going to give myself a break this year and just enjoy whatever I get done.  I hope I can keep this attitude into next year, wooooo, it is fab!  OK, enough about my new attitude on my to~do list.  On to what I am working on this week.

I don't have any pics to share yet, but I can tell you I am working on this stinkin' adorable project for my grandbabies ~


Nancy Halvorsen is my fav, fav, FAV fabric and pattern designer.  Her stuff is so whimsical and fun and loving.  Love it!  I am making two, one for the grandbabies, and one for our house. 

I am also going to start working on a crib quilt, bumpers, diaper bag and other little baby girl items for our granddaughter who will be arriving in February. Her momma picked out the cutest colors for the darling little penquin theme items. I will share pics of the items as they are available.  Of course, I am also working on more Christmas cards and tags, and have been playing with the BEST and most sparklie paints ever!  I received some Twinkling H2O's paints and daubers, and have been tinkering with them.  I totally LOVE these things, they are soooooooooo incredibly sparklie, and you can control the amount of color so easily.  Stay tuned for projects, I will have some to show next week.

Enabler alert!  If you are interested in buying a new Distrezz-It All, or a Bind-It-All, now is a GREAT time to do so!  Check out the Zutter Bind-It-All site for pricing details.  You will save a bundle on either of these two fab tools.  I use both ALL the time, and love them. 

Well friends, I need to make some pumpkin cheesecake rolls, since they disappear quickly around here.  I hope you have a marvelous week, and if you are in the USA like me, a blessed, happy, and safe Thanksgiving.   See ya next weekend!  Happy creating ~ Pam

1 comment:

Mel said...

That little Christmas project looks so cute! Have a great week and a very Happy Thanksgiving!

How did I come up with Pam's Eclectic Stuff?

Pam- that is me. :)

eclectic --adj.- selecting what seems best of various styles or ideas
*Since I like a huge variety of arts and mediums, this seemed perfect, we will talk about the best of various styles or ideas.

stuff- The noun stuff has 7 senses -
1. material, stuff -- (the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object; "wheat is the stuff they use to make bread")2. whatchamacallit, stuff, whatsis, sundry, sundries -- (miscellaneous unspecified artifacts; "the trunk was full of stuff")3. stuff, clobber -- (informal terms for personal possessions; "did you take all your clobber?")4. stuff, stuff and nonsense, hooey, poppycock -- (senseless talk; "don't give me that stuff")5. stuff -- (unspecified qualities required to do or be something; "the stuff of heros"; "you don't have the stuff to be a United States Marine")6. stuff -- (information in some unspecified form; "it was stuff I had heard before"; "there's good stuff in that book")7. stuff -- (a critically important or characteristic component; "suspense is the very stuff of narrative")

*What more needs to be said? I really thought about using Pam's Eclectic Sundries, but I thought that might be tough to remember. :) Stuff is easy and conveys a variety of meanings. I like the definition- miscellaneous unspecified artifacts. I also liked whatchamacallit, but that is a lot of typing. :)

So there you have it!