Monday, November 8, 2010

Card making time!

Helllllllloooooooooooooo!  How are you all doing?  Fab?  Super fab?  I hope so!  I have been cleaning and sorting things at my house like a mad woman.  I did not get a chance to do spring cleaning this year, so I am doing the big fall cleanup instead.  :)  I have snuck a wee bit of time in to work on cards though.  I am having a few friends over for a card making party in a few weeks, and I am determined that they will leave with some completed cards this year.  We like to visit and snack, and play with supplies, and will do so again this year, but darn it, we are also going to be productive.  I will show you  the cards we will be creating, but first, here is a pic of a donation made to the United Way.  They are having a silent auction at work, and I made and donated this Love Is tote and Christmas Album for our department (Please bid on it if you work for Memorial Hospital, all the money goes to The United Way) ~

OK, here are the cards ~

I just received a fun new stamp from Red Lead, and created this card with it.  I am still tinkering, since I need to make a few for a swap over at Red Lead, and I am not yet totally thrilled with the final product.  I like it, but don't LOVE it yet.  I am sure you know what I mean.  :)  I do love the darling little children in this stamp, it reminds me of my kids when they were little, adorable, and sweet ~  
A few more cards we will work on at the party ~


<><>
The card above is a card similar to one I made for a challenge over at Citrus Tree Studio a few years ago (I still love this style card).  Definitely making one of these at the party!
I am also starting work on some fabric projects, including a few advent calendars for the grandbabies, and one for our house, and some other odds and ends.  I can't believe it is already the second week of November, time is definitely ZOOMING by.  I appreciated that extra hour today due to setting the clocks back,  wish I could have an extra one every week.  ;)  I am sure I am not alone in that thought. 
Well, I do need to do a little more sorting in my crafty area, so I better get back to it.  Hope you all have a FABULOUS and creative week.  Happy crafting ~ Pam

3 comments:

Mel said...

Cute cards Pam! Great little bag too:)

Bearly Sane said...

Hi Pam!
Have been very busy with such little time to visit...but I am here now and what lovely treats you have on show. Hope the fundraiser goes well your donations look beautiful.
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears

kokina said...

ciao Pam,
i have something to tell u.
first of all: i love your cards.

last but not least: i have to apoligise with u.
u started following my blog, it was a really new thing to me. i wasnt even able to post a picture...
and i never came back to u to thank for your visits and to see your wonderful projects.
hugs
kokina

How did I come up with Pam's Eclectic Stuff?

Pam- that is me. :)

eclectic --adj.- selecting what seems best of various styles or ideas
*Since I like a huge variety of arts and mediums, this seemed perfect, we will talk about the best of various styles or ideas.

stuff- The noun stuff has 7 senses -
1. material, stuff -- (the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object; "wheat is the stuff they use to make bread")2. whatchamacallit, stuff, whatsis, sundry, sundries -- (miscellaneous unspecified artifacts; "the trunk was full of stuff")3. stuff, clobber -- (informal terms for personal possessions; "did you take all your clobber?")4. stuff, stuff and nonsense, hooey, poppycock -- (senseless talk; "don't give me that stuff")5. stuff -- (unspecified qualities required to do or be something; "the stuff of heros"; "you don't have the stuff to be a United States Marine")6. stuff -- (information in some unspecified form; "it was stuff I had heard before"; "there's good stuff in that book")7. stuff -- (a critically important or characteristic component; "suspense is the very stuff of narrative")

*What more needs to be said? I really thought about using Pam's Eclectic Sundries, but I thought that might be tough to remember. :) Stuff is easy and conveys a variety of meanings. I like the definition- miscellaneous unspecified artifacts. I also liked whatchamacallit, but that is a lot of typing. :)

So there you have it!